Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is a tool for marketing online. It is a practice of increasing the quality as well as quantity of traffic to a specific website. It makes use of the results from organic search engines. Applying SEO to boost your marketing is an effective way to attract your target market, keep a loyal following, and generate sales.
Most businesses today own social media accounts as well as an official website where they could interact with their target market anytime. Going online is one of the best ways to make sure a business gets recognition. Visibility is the key to beating competitors when it comes to online marketing.
The more visible your website is, the more likely your business will get noticed. Visibility online means being at the top of search engines. Businesses fight for the very top of search engines in order to get more exposure.
Maximizing SEO enables website owners to increase their chances of reaching the top in search rankings by using search terms, better known ask keywords. These keywords are inputted on a website’s tags or content in order to get more hits when users use search engines.
Together with quality content, your website should have the following properties:
- Search-engine friendly – Analyzing your competitors standing in search engines helps you know how to approach your SEO strategies. Research the commonly used keywords and study how the top five websites use SEO to reach their standing.
- User-friendly – Visitors have a limited attention span when it comes to viewing websites. When they feel like your site takes a while to load, they will simply close the window. Your website should also show your products and what you want them to know about your company as soon as they open your link.
Once you reach the top, you get to attract more clicks and more visitors.
How SEO Works
SEO may seem complicated; however, it can be easy when you understand how it works. Google is the best way to base your SEO strategies, as it owns more than half of all market searches. Understanding how SEO works can help boost your website’s search engine rankings and eventually, lead more visitors and followers to your website.
SEO works in three easy steps:
- Write useful content. Useful content has the necessary information that most search engine users need when they look for something on the web. It must include the keywords and the top searches that users use.
- Allow users to share your content easily. Users like to share their experience to other users. Therefore, making your content shareable is helpful in helping your website up the ranks.
- Repeat the process. Once you get the hang of SEO, make sure to repeat the processes and strategies that work for your website and your business.
With these three steps, your website will climb up the search engine ladder in no time.
How SEO Helps Marketing
If you are new to the term, you might be wondering why should you invest in SEO. Why would you pay for this kind of strategy? The answer is in the results. Investing in SEO to boost your marketing activities enables you to become the highest website on search engine rankings.
Here’s how SEO can help your online marketing:
- Rise of smartphone users. The digital age gave rise to the number of smartphone users from 2014 to 2017. 1.57 billion users in 2014 increased to 2.32 billion smartphone users in 2017. This figure is predicted to rise to 2.8 billion by 2020. Given these facts, SEO can help marketers reach even just a portion of the billions of smartphone users.
- Cost-effective. Investing on SEO for your marketing activities is more cost-effective than other forms of advertisements such as direct mail, radio plugs, magazines or television commercials. Through SEO, your business gets to attract a variety of visitors and have the highest potential of developing regular customers.
- Wide reach. 97% of North American internet users are also online shoppers. Going online when it comes to doing business is the best way to increase profits and revenues. Targeting a market that spends most of their time purchasing products online is a great way to increase potential revenues. Through SEO, your business can have a wider reach, not matter where your target market is.
- Business recognition. Billions of Internet users can have access to your website once you reach the top spot in search rankings. Adding more traffic to your website can gain your brand the recognition you want. The more people that know more about your brand, the higher the chance of generating more revenues.